Our team includes both highly qualified senior study director and technicians with wide expertise in the following areas:
- Set-up exposure system
- Characterisation of test atmosphere: test concentration and particle size distribution.
- Atmosphere monitoring: air flow rate, temperature, relative humidity, oxygen and CO2
- Aerosol generation: solid, liquid and vapour products
- Smoke aerosol generation. Several types of smoking machines: ISO and Canadian Intense regimen.
- Detailed clinical observations in rodents based in respiratory pattern or behaviour as well as changes in posture and response to handling and the presence of abnormal movements.
- Collection and analysis of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF)
- Histophatology of respiratory tract organs:
|Histological sections of respiratory tract organs|
|Nose (4 transverse sections)||immediately posterior to the upper incisor teeth|
|posterior to incisive papilla|
|at second palatal ridge|
|between first and second molar teeth|
|Larynx (4 transverse sections)||at mid base of epiglottis level 0 (below)|
|at distal base of epiglottis level 1 (below)|
|at arytenoids projections level 2 (below)|
|at vocal folds level 4 (below)|
|Trachea (1 longitudinal section)||at bifurcation|
|Lungs (1 longitudinal section)||all lobes|
- In situ plethysmography during the exposure.
- Analytical and bioanalytical determination with HPLC and gas cromatography.
- Blood carboxyhemoglobin determination