Inhalation Services Experience
Vivotecnia offers its extensive experience in toxicology and efficacy studies via the inhalation route for rodent and non-rodent species. Our state of the art facility run by our inhalation experts guarantee top-quality studies, accompanying our customers throughout the entire process. We perform inhalation test from acute to chronic exposure according to OECD and ICH guidelines advices and under GLP for chemical (REACH), medicinal, phytosanitary and feed additive products. We also offer custom-made design to meet your specific requirements.
In addition, Vivotecnia provides the possiblity of performing inhalation studies of tobacco (standard cigarettes, e-cigarettes and heat-not-burn cigarettes).
Our experience includes:
- Studies of chemical:
- Acute inhalation toxicity of chemicals in rats, OECD Nº436 / 403
- Subchronic inhalation toxicity of chemicals in rats, OECD Nº413
- Prenatal developmental inhalation toxicity of chemicals in rats, OECD Nº414
- Studies of feed aditives:
- Acute inhalation toxicity in rats, OECD Nº436
- Studies of nanomaterials:
- Toxicity of multiwalled carbon nanotubes aerosol after repeated administration through nose-only inhalation route.
- Studies of tobacco:
- Biological activity of mainstream smoke from reference cigarettes on nose-only inhalation study in rats (standard cigarettes).
- Smoking of a prototype of electronic cigarette (e-cigarette): nose-only exposure study in rats.
- Smoking of a heat-not-burn cigarette: nose-only exposure study in rats.
- Pharmacokinetic profile of nicotine after nose-only inhalation exposure of rats to smoke from a smoking device.