Acute toxicity testing of biocidal products assesses the hazardous short-term effects on biological functions, which occur after single- or multiple-dose exposure to a test compound by oral, dermal or inhalation administration.
Vivotecnia can perform acute toxicity studies offering a large choice of administration routes, methods and species. You can be confident that all our studies are compliant with global regulatory guidelines, namely OECD, FDA, EMA, MHLW, etc.
Acute toxicity studies:
- Skin irritation/corrosion
- Eye irritation/corrosion
Acute toxicity methodology
- Test No. 420: Acute Oral Toxicity – Fixed Dose Procedure
- Test No. 423: Acute Oral toxicity – Acute Toxic Class Method
- Test No. 425: Acute Oral Toxicity: Up-and-Down Procedure
- Test No. 402: Acute Dermal Toxicity
- Test No. 404: Acute Dermal Irritation/Corrosion
- Test No. 405: Acute Eye Irritation/Corrosion
- Test No. 403: Acute Inhalation Toxicity
- Test No. 436: Acute Inhalation Toxicity – Acute Toxic Class Method
Acute toxicity in vitro
- In vitro skin corrosion: human skin model test, OECD 431
- In vitro skin irritation: reconstructed human epidermis test method, OECD 439
- Short time exposure in vitro test method for identifying i) chemicals inducing serious eye damage, and ii) chemicals not requiring classification for eye irritation or serious eye damage, OECD 491
Our team and experience
Vivotecnia employs some of the most experienced and talented minds in the industry who work closely with our clients, always flexible and responsive to find solutions and satisfy your needs. Our scientific team has extensive experience and widely varied backgrounds in multiple disciplines and is fully committed to your nonclinical development program. Their years of experience with complex general toxicology studies and their ability to respond to unexpected issues mean that you will obtain robust and regulatory compliant data, keeping you on-track and progressing with your registration process.