At Vivotecnia we offer our customers a wide range of safety evaluation tests for cosmetic products and their ingredients. Our team of experts and collaborators have validated in-house in vitro methods approved by the European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods (ECVAM) for evaluating cosmetic products for cytotoxicity, local toxicity (skin and eye irritation), genotoxicity and photo-induced toxicity, in the case of UV absorption.
All tests are performed under strict quality standards, in compliance with good laboratory practices and Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 on cosmetic products.
Vivotecnia offers the following cosmetic testing studies:
Cytotoxicity evaluation tests:
- Neutral red uptake (NRU) or neutral red release (NRR) assays
- MTT assay
Local toxicity evaluation tests (skin and eye irritation)
- Skin abrasion: In vitro skin corrosion: human skin model test, OECD 431
- Skin irritation: In vitro skin irritation: reconstructed human epidermis test method, OECD 439
- Eye irritation: (EpiOcularTM) – Reconstructed human cornea-like epithelium (RhCE) test method for identifying chemicals not requiring classification and labelling for eye irritation or serious eye damage, OECD 492
Phototoxicity evaluation tests
- In vitro 3T3 NRU phototoxicity test, OECD 432
- In vitro bacterial reverse mutation test (OECD 471, Ames test)
- In vitro comet assay