Our testing solutions ensure the practical implementation of ICH S5 (R2) guideline on Developmental and Reproductive Toxicity Testing for Pharmaceuticals and adequate study designs needed for registration of new medicinal products in member countries (European Union, Japan and the United States). You can rely on Vivotecnia to deliver timely nonclinical reproductive toxicology programs meeting your product development goals and facilitating your product registration.
- STANDARD ICHS5 STUDY DESINGS
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY TESTING OF VACCINES
- ALTERNATIVE ANIMAL MODELS: GUINEA PIGS AND HAMSTERS
- Fertility study in Female
- Fertility study in Male
- Combined fertility study in female and male
Segment II: Embryo Fetal Development in Rat/Mouse/rabbit
- Preliminary dose-range embryo-fetal developmental studies
- Definitive embryo-fetal development studies
Segment III: Prenatal and Postnatal Development in Rat/Mouse
- Preliminary dose-range finding studies
- Definitive Prenatal and Postnatal development studies
In 2006, the CBER division of the FDA issued a guidance document on “Considerations for Developmental Toxicity Studies for Preventive and Therapeutic Vaccines for Infectious Disease Indications”, which gives specific recommendations on study designs and experimental methods (FDA, 2006a). This document is generally used today as the sole guideline for the design of non-clinical developmental studies for vaccines.
Our team and Experience
Vivotecnia offers the high level of scientific expertise needed to address special DART regulatory studies requirements, including fertility, developmental toxicity (teratology), juvenile studies and multigenerational reproductive studies. Tests can be performed by using a variety of administration routes ranging from dermal to intravenous infusion. These designs are customized to individual Sponsor needs aligned with regulatory guidance, including FDA, EMEA, and OECD standards.
At Vivotecnia we are experienced and skilled in assessing all necessary endpoints:
- Uterine examinations
Post-Life fetal evaluations in multiple species and strains
- External morphology
- Motor activity
- Acoustic startle response
Developmental and Reproductive Toxicity Testing for Pharmaceuticals:
- Guidance on Nonclinical Safety Studies for the Conduct of Human Clinical Trials and Marketing Authorization for Pharmaceuticals M3 (R2).
- The ICH S5(R2) Guideline for the Testing of Medicinal Agents:
- Segment I: Fertility and Early Embryonic Development in Rat/Mouse
- Segment II: Embryo Fetal Development in Rat/Mouse/rabbit
- Segment III: Prenatal and Postnatal Development in Rat/Mouse
- FDA Guidance for Industry: Considerations for Developmental Toxicity Studies for Preventive and Therapeutic Vaccines for Infectious Disease Indications.
Maybe you are interested in…
PK/PD and Metabolism
Over the drug discovery process, ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Elimination) and PK studies are deemed necessary to evaluate the bioavailability…
Inhalation toxicity studies are required to assess the exposure hazards for consumer products or manufacturing workers.
Our team of experienced, highly-educated scientists, with backgrounds in toxicology, molecular biology, chemistry and immunology, understand that the drug development process is no longer a one-size fits all approach.
Safety Pharmacology satisfies a key requirement in the process of a drug development, assessing the potential adverse effects of drug candidates on the major physiological systems of the body.